Sunday, March 3, 2024

Chapter 1 (pt II): Navigating Doubt: Embracing The Journey


Read part 1 before you proceed...
 
My journey has been stoned by many moments of doubt, moments that made me question a lot of things. These were not stumbling blocks but rather stepping stones, as crazy as it may sound they were invitations to venture deeper into the essence of what I believe. 


Let's rewind to life after Matric (2012- Grade 12); this marked the beginning of my new chapter in Johannesburg, living independently, away from family and friends. At the age of 19, on the brink of turning 20, I was a chubby, light-skinned virgin who strictly believed in no sex before marriage. 


However, I found myself immersed in a world of negative party culture, surrounded by the allure of blessers, free-flowing alcohol, drugs, and an eclectic mix of friends from various corners of the world. Adding to the mix was the pressure to have a romantic partner.


Varsity life challenged the convictions I had held easily in primary and high school. The struggle to fit in and find like-minded friends seemed insurmountable. The friendship pressure to engage in relationships and the sense of exclusion for not partaking in casual sex became overwhelming. 


As my parents' teachings faded into the background, I succumbed to the temptation to conform. Here I was on the streets of Braamfontein, JHB, instead of in my bed resting for my morning classes. In an attempt to be the "cool" friend, one night my then-friend and I found ourselves in a hotel room of a foreign man, why was I there, and which part of my being thought it was right to follow these people - Oh yes, I didn’t want to be a party pooper. 


Short story, this man had his ideas on how the night was going to end, and let's just say over my dead body was I going to partake in such fornications. I jumped to the door and went back to Res, my friend wanted to stay but what happened to her, that’s her story to tell.


To Be Continued...

#NavigatingDoubt #DoubtAndFaith #GrowingInSpirit #EmbraceTheJourney #LifeTimeJourney #FeedYourSpiritOrTheWorldWillFeedYou







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Sannies and Flawas, I would love to hear your thoughts on this blog, feel free to leave a comment, either using your google account or choose the anonymous option. xoxo Vuyisa Vee Diniso 🌻